January 27, 2009

A Good Job Interview Takes A Lot Of Work...But It Is Worth It!

Throughout my career, the best interviews I had were those in which I went to the interview prepared to talk about how I could make the company more successful.

I did my homework ahead of time. I researched the company. I learned about the company's strengths and weaknesses. And I uncovered some of the company's needs..... and I worked out a proposal addressing how I would help them meet those needs.

Time consuming? Yes! A lot of work? Yes. But the results were so positive, it was worth all the effort and the time I put into it!

A recent article on the web site: Ask The Headhunter,....does a great job addressing just that point....The article says: "Your worth is what makes an employer want to hire you. Your worth is determined by the value you offer the employer. That means you have to take the initiative in your job hunt. An employer cannot extract value from you -- you must offer it. You can only offer value if you know what is valuable to the employer. That means a lot of research up front, before you approach any employer. "

For the complete article visit the web site: http://www.asktheheadhunter.com/basics5.htm

No comments: