January 17, 2009

Feel Overwhelmed In Your Job Hunt....Get Help!

When I started my job hunt, I said: " I have done this before, I know what I am doing." Three weeks into the process I realized that it was much more of a challenge than I ever dreamed. So, I stopped everything and started to read and learn everything I could. With so many people looking for work, I realized that I needed to be a step ahead of the crowd.

Education On The Web

As I am sure you have found, there is so much information on the web today about job hunting, You can be overwhelmed. But I came across the a site that pulls a lot of the information together in an organized fashion. It is called: http://www.job-hunt.org/ And I highly recommend it. Each day I go into this site and learn something new.


Education In Groups

And one of the best ideas I came across was to join a Networking Group. I found two in my area that specialize in job hunting. I have attended both and I am already learning so much. I feel much better. And with that in mind, it is also theropudic to be with a group of good people who are going through the same thing you are. If you have not attended a networking group in your area yet, I highly recommend it.


Education At Career Centers

The other free opportunity to learn is at your local Career Centers (Unemployment Centers). They offer courses on so many areas now, and they are all free. And the good news is that you do not have to be collecting unemployment to attend. In fact, you don't even have to be unemployed.


So, you are not alone in this process. There is much out there to help you.

No comments: